The Samsung Galaxy S9 is trying to make your life easier by learning your habits and preferences. That’s the reason why, every time when you open a file with it for the first time, you’re being asked what app you want to use for handling such files with “Open With” on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Taking care of this Open With setting on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus will create a preference associated with that particular type of file. The next time you’ll be handling that file or any other file with the same extension, the phone will know what app to use. And it will launch it according to your previous selection, by default.
Obviously, not having to deal with the annoying question every single time is a great thing. But there will be instances when you’ll want to try other apps as well. Or when you’ll realize that you’ve actually made a mistake with that previous selection.
The question is, what can you do about this setting that was already labeled as default? How can you change or reset the Open With condition when the phone is no longer asking you to choose what app to open that file with on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus?
How To Reset Open With Settings On Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus:
- Start from the Settings section of your phone;
- Head to the Applications tab and open the tab with Default Applications;
- Once you’ve reached that particular submenu, find the “Set As Default” entry;
- Next, you’ll be redirected to a window where you’ll see all the apps that you have previously used with the Open With option;
- Some apps will have the “None set as the default” label – it means that the app is not associated with any file;
- Other apps will have the “Set as default” label – it means that the app was already set as default for a particular file;
- Since you want to remove any default settings, you will need to give that app the status of “None set as the default” – select the app and use the Clear Defaults option for this purpose;
- After doing so, you can leave the Settings or repeat the steps for other apps as well.
Long story short, once you clear the defaults of an app, the next time when you’ll try to open a file with the Samsung Galaxy S9 that was previously opened with that app, you’ll get to see the Open With notification all over again.