If you have purchased a Galaxy S9 or S9 plus and you happen to forget the password required to unlock the device, you might need to learn how to reset the password. There are several ways through which you can reset password for Galaxy S9 or the Galaxy S9 Plus when locked out, and you need a hard factory reset to achieve this. Resetting your phone means that you will lose your data and files that are on your device.
If you don’t have a backup for your Samsung Galaxy S9 we will offer you different solutions that you can use to reset your Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 password when locked out. This can be done without the need to unlock your phone and therefore you will not have to think about the loss of data and files that are on your phone. In case you are locked out of your phone, in this tutorial you will learn three different methods that show you how you can reset lock screen password on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus when locked out.
Reset Password when locked out through Factory Reset
- Ensure your phone is off
- Press and hold the home, Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously
- When the Android Icon shows up, release the buttons
- Scroll using the volume down button to select wipe data/factory option. Then click on the option using the power button.
- Use the volume down button to scroll to the yes option and use the power button to give the instruction.
- After selecting it, your Galaxy S9 device will reboot.
- After the restart, you will notice that the Galaxy S9 will have cleared all data and files previously on the device. Set up the device once it has restarted.
Check out our recommended article on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus factory reset to find out another way through which you can do this. To avoid losing data and files when you do a system reset, we recommend that you consider creating a backup.
Use Samsung Find My Mobile Feature to Reset Password when locked out
This is an alternative solution from Samsung for resetting your password and works like the Find my iPhone feature. This “remote control” feature from Samsung allows you to get through the lock screen on your Galaxy S9 device. Note that it is recommended that you register the Galaxy S9 with Samsung first so that you can be able to use this feature. Otherwise, this will not be a possible solution for you.
- Ensure you have registered your device with Samsung
- Use the find my mobile to reset the password
- Set a temporal password that will allow you to reset your password.
- Use a password that you have never used before.
Android Device Manager Password Reset
Another fast way for resetting your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus lock screen password when locked out is on the Android Device Manager. However, you need to lock the feature of Android Device Manager to reset your password. Thus the android device manager starts to reset your password. To do this, follow the following steps.
- Open Android Device Manager option on your computer
- Check out for the screen on Galaxy S9 or the Galaxy S9 Plus device.
- Ensure lock and erase is enabled
- To lock your phone use the steps from the page
- Set a temporal password
- Use the password you have set to unlock the phone
- Input a new password