The ability to personalize the ringtone of Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus or even the Samsung Galaxy S9 means that it is also possible to personalize the notification tone for the new text messages. Further, for message notifications you can choose from predefined sounds or you can as well set your preferred tone for messages, just like is the case with personalization of the call ring tones. Here are the options for you to follow to set songs as a ringtone on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
First Option- Setting Pre-installed Tones For New Text Messages
- Click on Messaging app to launch it
- Pick More
- Select Settings
- Pick notifications’
- Pick Notifications Sound
- Sample the available tunes and select the one you like. Tap on Ok so as to set it as the default text message ringtone
Second Option-Setting A Customized Ringtone On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
The Galaxy S9 Plus and Galaxy S9 supports different files including MP3 or Wav files which can be set ass customized tones for your messages as an alternative to the pre-installed sounds. This means you can set songs as ringtones on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. To do this, here are some of the steps that you can follow.
- Transfer the sound file you desire to use to your phone
- Download and Install the Rings Extended app after you have searched it.
- Open the messaging application
- Pick more
- Select the Settings tab
- Pick notifications
- Select the Notification Sound
- You see a screen with the message “Complete action using”. Select rings extended
- Touch Media Ringtones
- Pick the desired ringtone file.
You should know that these steps allow for the main texting app to change on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus. Therefore if you are using a different messaging app the settings might be grayed out and hence inactive. For these steps to work, you will be required to set the built-in Messaging app as the “default messaging app” of Galaxy S9. Alternatively, you will have to change notification settings on the other app you are currently using as the default application.