Issues relating to voice when talking on the phone is a common sound problem which users often face after the purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus. There are some things you can do to remedy for Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus sound problems.
The sound problems on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus is one of the most recognized causes of this problem. If the sound level is set to low on the settings menu, then this may be the cause. On the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, you can follow this tutorial for a quick fix:
How To Fix Sound Problems On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus:
- Switch of your Samsung device, remove the SIM card and put it in again. Reboot the device.
- Dust and dirt may also be the cause of the problem. All you need to do is to use pressurized or compressed air to clean the device. When you are done with the cleaning, check to determine if you still have the same issue or it has been fixed.
- Another cause may be a current Bluetooth connection. Switching off the Bluetooth connectivity of the device may improve the audio quality. Do this and test if there is an improvement in the voice quality.
- In some cases, clearing cache data can be the solution to your problem. Try to clear your SIM card cache to see if it fixes your audio problem.
- Recovery mode is handy on any smartphone. You can try to boot your Galaxy S9 device into the recovery mode to solve the audio problems.
If you are having problems with your Samsung Galaxy S9 audio issues, following the guidelines above should give you a solution.