Hiding information currently stored on the Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus can be done in more than one way. The first option you can think of is to download a dedicated app from the Play Store, right? You don’t know if you have this option built-in or, just as possibly, you don’t know how and where to search for it locally. But if you ask around, some people might tell you a few words about the Private Folder on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, which is nothing else but the built-in option.
Then again, this information alone would be incomplete because if you do search for the Private Folder, you may not be able to spot it under this name. To be more specific, this option is listed as Private Mode and it’s a special setting ready to enable with one tap. The reason why different people can use both terms for the same thing is that the activation of the Private Mode on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus will allow you to create a secure folder, an invisible, password-protected folder.
The folder only becomes visible when the Private Mode is active, which happens when the person trying to turn it on will also use the secure PIN for unlocking it. Otherwise, it would be as if the information stored in there is nowhere to be found on your phone. Have we gotten your attention? Then here is what else you should memorize on this occasion for finding Private Folder on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus…
To Use The Private Mode On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus Device, You Must First Enable It:
- The Private Mode is accessible within the Quick Settings menu, the one you can open up by swiping from the top of your screen down, with two fingers instead of just one;
- Among the options listed on that large menu, you have this so-called Private Mode, disabled by default;
- Like any other quick setting, all it takes to become active is a tap on its icon;
- When you do that, if it’s the first time you try to use it, you will have to go through a short and intuitive configuration process – the purpose is to help you familiarize with the options and, most importantly, to set up the PIN code;
- For every other time when you will enable it, all you will have to do is to type the previously-selected PIN code.
To Start Storing Items In Private Folder Of Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus…
- After enabling this option and gaining the access with that PIN code only known by you, suffices to tap and hold on an item to get the option of moving it to private;
- So, maintain the selection, tap on the new menu as soon as it shows up, and then, tap on the option “Move to private”;
- Repeat the action with other media files or whatever else you want to hide – note that you can also select more than one item at the same time – and move them all to private;
- Before you leave, you can experience with creating folders within the Private Folder, for easier management;
- When you’re happy with the results, prepare yourself to hide things up.
To Disable The Private Mode And Hide Secure Folder On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus…
- Repeat the steps required for turning it on – use two fingers to swipe top to bottom;
- From the same Quick Settings, identify the Private Mode option, which is now active, and tap on it to turn it off.
From this moment on, you sure know where to find the Private Folder on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus, let alone how to use it!