You were anxiously checking up on your emails when the app displayed this unexpected message on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus “Unfortunately, Email has stopped”? It’s an issue you didn’t see coming on your device, did you?
We hate to break it to you, but it’s more common among Samsung users than anyone would like to admit… This being said, we can only focus on how to tackle the problem and allow you to read your emails on your smartphone once again. We have to warn you, it can be anything from a glitch in the email app or a problem with any other interfering app to a glitch in the firmware. So, expect a couple of different troubleshooting courses of action. First things first for fixing “Unfortunately, Email Has Stopped” on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
4 questions to ask yourself when the Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus says: “Unfortunately, Email has stopped”
- When was the last time that you restarted the phone?
- Is the internet really working on your smartphone?
- Have you wiped the system’s cache, lately?
- Would you be willing to hard reset the Galaxy S9 Plus?
Taking things one at a time, it all makes sense. You probably know, by now, that restarting your smartphone is something you should do on a regular basis. By performing this simple action, you are allowing the operating system to get over particular bugs and put things in order. All kinds of errors can disappear if you long-press the Power button and select the Restart option. You should try that before anything else!
And if the problem persists even after the restart, checking the Internet connection is just as important. “Unfortunately, Email has stopped” on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus is an error that tends to manifest when the email app cannot rely on your connectivity. Try a different wireless network, if you have to, or simply stick to the mobile data. Just make sure that you have an active and stable Internet connection for reaching the email servers.
When you cannot seem to pinpoint the real problem and you don’t feel like taking the device to an authorized service for extended investigation… You do know that this guide on how to hard reset Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus is your last resort, don’t you? When everything is wiped from the device and all you have is this empty phone, just like the one you took from the Samsung shop, you can start bringing your personal information back, from a previous archive, and reconfigure your accounts. Hopefully, the email app will no longer display this error on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus “Unfortunately, Email has stopped”.
Otherwise, between the simple restart of the device or of the router and this extreme hard reset, you still have the cache issue to look into – particularly keep this in mind if the error showed up after a recent software update!
This brings us to the question number 3 from above, the one about the cache data and how to clear it for better performances of the email app…
Get Rid Of “Unfortunately, Email Has Stopped” On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
- First, make sure that the phone is turned off;
- Then, tap and hold the three main keys, in this particular order: Home, Volume Up, Power;
- Release the Power key when the logo of your smartphone shows on the screen;
- Release the Home and Volume Up when the Android logo also shows up on the screen;
- Wait a few seconds after you enter the Recovery Mode;
- Then you can start to navigate through the menus, with the Volume Down, to select the Wipe Cache Partition option;
- Hit the Power button to get things started;
- You’ll then be asked to confirm the action, and you must select the Yes option with the Volume Down key;
- Finally, hit the Power key and watch the device as it wipes the cache partition;
- When it’s all over, reboot to the normal running mode by using the menu that says Reboot System Now.
We really hope that wiping the cache made the “Unfortunately, Email has stopped” error on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus to go away. For extra questions on this particular topic or other tutorials related to Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, we have your back, as always!