Want to change your device name on your Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ Plus or Galaxy S9 so that it appears as something different when connecting to other devices via Bluetooth? It’s actually surprisingly easy to change your Galaxy Bluetooth device name, but not many people know how to do it. Changing your name can help you to determine which device is yours when using Bluetooth in a popular area, and it also adds an extra touch of personalization to your smartphone.
You are able to change your Bluetooth device name to anything you’d like. Make sure to follow the steps below to learn how to change Galaxy S9, Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus device name.
How To Change Device Name On Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Make sure your Galaxy is switched on.
- From the Home Screen open the application menu.
- Open the Settings app.
- Browse through the settings app. Search for Device Information
- Under Device Information, tap “Device Name.”
- You’ll now be able to change the name of Galaxy S9, Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Once you’ve made the name change, your new name will appear on other devices when trying to connect via Bluetooth.