There’s no doubt that both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8+ Plus are two of the most popular smartphones currently. We’re big fans of the physical design of both the S8 and S8+ Plus, and the software has improved massively since it’s original days many years ago. By default, the Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus will track your location data via GPS positioning. If you’d rather your location history was switched off, you can follow this guide to turn it off.
Location history can be helpful for some, but other users would prefer that their location was not saved online. If you do not like the location history feature, you can turn it off by following the steps provided below:
How To Turn Off Google Location History On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Make sure your Galaxy device is switched on.
- Open the app menu from the homescreen.
- Tap to open the settings app.
- In settings, tap Privacy & Safety.
- Tap Location.
- Tap Google Location History.
- On the top right, uncheck the box to disable Google location history.
Once you’ve followed these steps, your Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus will no longer track your location.