Ringtones can make or break your mood, even if the call on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus doesn’t exactly come at the right moment. Say you’re having a bad day but your mom calls and you get to hear that “Don’t worry, be happy” ringtone… It will steal a smile from you, or at least it should! But in any case, you’re free to add ringtones on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, for whenever your mom calls.
Don’t settle for the list of predefined available ringtones when you can use .mp3 songs instead! And don’t settle for having the same ringtone for your entire agenda when you can personalize the ringtones of all your contacts, individually. Below, we will show you both methods to add ringtones on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Just keep in mind that if you customize a few contacts, everyone else will keep the default ringtone. And even if you go on, at a later time, and decide to change the general ringtone, the contacts that were individually edited will get to keep their old, custom ringtones.
If You Want A New Ringtone On Galaxy S9 Or Galaxy S9 Plus…
- Go to the Home Screen and extend the Notification Shade with one swipe from top to bottom;
- Select the gear icon to extend the Settings menu;
- Go to the Sounds and Vibration submenu;
- In there, tap on the Ringtone option and see the full list of available default ringtones;
- In case you’ve been through all of them but couldn’t find one to like in particular, stop at the end of the list and use the extra option that allows you to “Add from device storage”;
- In the window that will show up next, select the app you’d like to use in order to complete this request;
- Tap on Sound Picker;
- Tap on your favorite .mp3 song from the music player;
- Uncheck the box next to the “Highlights Only” option if you don’t want to use only the part of the song highlighted by default;
- Confirm the changes with a final tap on the Done button and leave the settings.
If You Want A New Ringtone For Individual Contact In Galaxy S9 Or Galaxy S9 Plus Agenda…
- Go back to the Home Screen and bring up the dedicated Contacts app;
- Within the tab with all your contact entries, browse for the one whose ringtone you wish to edit;
- Select that person’s name and then, select the Edit icon next to it;
- Finally, select the MORE button, so you can reach this extended menu with the Ringtone option;
- Tap on Ringtone and go to the option “Add from device storage”;
- Just like in the previous set of instructions, select the Sound Picker when asked to Complete this action with…;
- Pick up your favorite song for this favorite person – you’ll see that, after selecting the app, you will be automatically redirected to it;
- If you want to use the entire song, not just the default highlighted part, uncheck that box with “Highlights Only”;
- Tap on Done and Save the changes you’ve made to this particular contact.
You probably don’t need us to tell you that, from now on, you can repeat the second set of instructions for as many times as you want. It’s not very exciting to have to manually operate these changes for every contact whose ringtone you want to change.
But you asked for it, we showed you how to add new ringtones on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, and now you need to get to work. The results will show up soon enough and you won’t regret taking the time to personalize your smartphone this way!