Whenever a galaxy phone has an incoming call, you hear an audio sound known as the ringtone. The smartphone will ring when set on a Loud Ring mode with a default ringtone. But, you can also adjust default tone settings to a newly preferred ringtone like a custom ringtone or a favorite mp3 song. This is great because knowing how to add ringtones on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus allows for customization.
What is even interesting is that you can choose the ringtone to play the whole song or a part you prefer so that you play the part you enjoy most from your favorite chorus.
This tutorial will show you how to adjust these two main options for adding ringtones on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus;
- Method 1 which applies to the whole contact agenda.
- Method 2 which only deals with a specific contact.
Using the second method, you will assign a ringtone to a particular contact leaving the default ringtone to the rest of the agenda. Using the first method, you can change the entire agenda’s ringtone leaving only the contacts that were previously personalized. The methods are as follows;
Method 1 – Change the Galaxy S9 ringtone for the entire agenda:
- Go to the notification panel and swipe it down.
- You will see a settings icon, tap it. It to lead you to the sounds and vibrations section so that you to access the ringtone part.
- On the opened ringtone window, you will see the ringtone option. Tap on it so that you can choose a default ringtone to assign to your incoming calls.
- As you tap, you will get the predefined ringtones list that is available on your smartphone.
- Scroll on the list till you reach the bottom. Find the “Add from device storage” label and tap on the option.
- A select an app window will pop-up to enable you to complete the action.
- Choose Sound Picker to enable you to select your favorite Music player song.
- To set a specific ringtone to your galaxy phone, click on any mp3 song you desire. The highlighted audio file part is usually the one that will be picked by default.
- You will have to uncheck the ‘Highlights Only option’ box so that the ringtone plays the whole song.
- Save those changes by hitting the Done button.
- Leave the menu section and wait for a call to see how the selected ringtone works.
Method 2 – Change the Galaxy S9 ringtone for individual contacts
- Go to the contact app and launch it.
- Scroll to find the contact you want to customize and tap on it.
- Choose Edit to access the MORE button, tap on it.
- An extended Menu will emerge. Scroll until you reach the ringtone part and tap it.
- Scroll again upto the bottom so as to click on the “Add from device storage” label.
- On the window displayed as the Complete-action-using.., you will need to click the sound picker.
- You will automatically be transferred to the Music Player app so that you choose the song you want for that particular contact.
- If you want to hear the song in its entirety before you receive that call, simply uncheck the “Highlights Only” option box.
- As soon you are done press done and then save to secure the changes.
- If there are other contacts you need to personalize with some ringtones, just repeat the steps above.
You have seen that adding ringtones is a simple process, so go ahead and place some ringtones to people you desire on your phone.