For those that own the new Samsung Galaxy smartphone, you may want to know how to add countdown app on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. During the festive seasons, most of us would like to spend time with friends and family.
As you wait for the season to arrive, you get entangled up in some busy daily schedules such as holiday event planning as well as gift shopping. You can keep track of the upcoming events by using a countdown widget on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Adding a countdown widget on your Homescreen
From your Android smartphone or tablet simply access the Google Play Store and proceed to download and install an application called the “Countdown Widget.”
- Once you have installed the app, home screen on your device and press and hold any empty space.
- You should be able to see a dialog for “Set home screen”. From the dialog choose “Widgets” and locate the Countdown Widget from the widget’s list.
- Hold and drag the widget to your home screen.
- From here, a new screen will come up prompting you to configure the widget you have selected. You can adjust the date for the Countdown widget. You should remember to add the title or name of the upcoming events. If you want, you can change the ring colors as well.
- You are done and your widget will be placed on your Homescreen automatically. You can drag the widget to a suitable location on your Homescreen to see it better.
The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus Countdown widget gives you a colorful countdown widget for your upcoming events which appears in rings style. Each widget can be resized according to your preferences.
As soon the day’s events come up, there will be no need to keep checking your calendar because the event will be visible from the Homescreen on your Android smartphone or tablet.
You might also be interested in alternative countdown widget styles and alternatives and one of them is “Countdown Plus Widgets Lite” app.