The Lock Screen of Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus might have a protection role, but it’s also the first thing you’re looking at every time you try to unlock the smartphone. Therefore, it is perfectly understandable if you want to personalize it a little bit, perhaps giving it a more practical utility.
It’s probably the same thing that Samsung thought of when designing this smartphone with so many custom lock screen options. That’s why you can add new icons and widgets right on this screen and even change its Wallpaper.
If beauty is what you’re after, here’s how to change the lock screen wallpaper on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Pick an empty space on your Home screen;
- Press and hold on that spot;
- Wait for the Edit mode to launch;
- Look for the Wallpaper option;
- Under it select the Lock Screen;
- Select the desired wallpaper from the list;
- Tap on More Images if you want to browse for other images saved on your Galaxy S8 that you could use as wallpaper;
- Finally, tap on the button Set Wallpaper.
If you’ve done so before on previous Samsung Galaxy models, you already noticed how similar this process is. After all, it’s just about getting to that dedicated menu and simply selecting a photo to use as wallpaper on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
As for the extra utility that you can give to the Lock Screen, here are your main options:
- Display home and current time zone when you’re in another country – with the Dual Clock app;
- Display the clock with a larger or smaller font – with the Clock Size app;
- Display the current date – with the Show the Date app;
- Access the Camera – with the Camera Shortcut app;
- Display additional information such as the weather and the pedometer – with the Additional Info feature;
- Display Twitter handles or other social info – with the Other information feature.
And we saved something just for fun, for the last. With the Unlock Effect, you can completely change the look and feel of the Unlock Screen through special animation. Check out the Watercolor Unlock Effect!