One of the great feature of a smartphone is that it has the ability to shut off its screen at any time. Samsung Galaxy S9 being a smartphone is not an exception to this. Since the duration for the screen timeout can be set, it is therefore necessary to put you through the steps involved. The steps are highlighted below will show you how to adjust screen timeout on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus:
How Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus Screen Timeout Can Be Set
- Open the home screen;
- Select on settings;
- Tap on “display menu”;
- Tap on the “screen timeout” displayed;
- A list of timeout options like 15s, 30s, 1minute, 2 minutes, 5minutes and 10 min will pop up. Choose any one of them.
How Smart Stay Function Can Be Controlled
- Proceed to the settings;
- Open the display settings;
- Click on smart stay;
- You can either turn on the toggle or turn it off, it depends on you;
With is amazing feature, you can know when your eyes is pointing to the screen and because of that it will improve the luminosity automatically. When you look away from the screen, it will automatically dim the light, so that the battery can save more energy. Which makes it a smartphone, isn’t it?
How Screen Timeout Can Be Disabled
- Open the settings;
- Now click on About Phone;
- Scroll to the Build Number option and tap on it seven (7) times continuously;
- Proceed to the settings page when you’ve successfully unlocked the developer mode;
- Note that the Developer option will now be displayed on the menu;
- Click on it and turn on the Stay Awake option thereafter.
Exit the settings. You can now use your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus the way you use to. Your device screen won’t turn off automatically henceforth once it’s plugged in. This is the only choice you have since the screen timeout cannot be totally disabled.