As a special sub-mode of your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, the Download Mode can serve for a wide range of cool things. But since not all of them are officially accepted by Samsung, users are advised to refrain from experiencing with it and risking to void the warranty or, worse, brick their devices.
Truth being told, all kinds of things can happen if you make the wrong move when you’re in the Download Mode…. So, it’s not how you get there but rather what you do in there that could jeopardize the functionality of your fancy phone.
Still, do you know what it means to root a phone? Have you ever installed updates or custom recoveries on your device? Know how to connect a Galaxy S8 to the ODIN app? Looks like you’re a rather tech person who knows the importance of doing all the right things, keeping the device to at least a 60% battery level included. And you should be just fine.
Now, Samsung usually sells its devices without locking down the Download Mode. Some carriers, however, could block your access to it. Despite the fact that the process of booting into Galaxy S8 Plus Download Mode is straightforward and as simple as simultaneously pressing some buttons, if you cannot seem to be able to access it, there are two possible causes:
- You’re doing something wrong;
- You don’t have access to this option.
If it’s the latter, there is a long and complicated process that should, eventually, unlock this mode and let you test it. But that’s not the topic of today’s article, when we’re planning to focus on presenting you two different methods of accessing the Download Mode on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
Method #1 – Boot into Download Mode with a third-party app:
- Access this direct link to download and install a special app called Quick Boot Reboot;
- Launch the app and go straight to the Bootloader/Download Mode option;
- Tap on the OK button to confirm the launch;
- Wait for a second and your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus smartphone will automatically reboot in the Download Mode – enjoy navigating around!
Method #2 – Boot into Download Mode with the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus keys:
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus;
- Tap the Power button and the Volume Down button;
- Hold them both until you see the Warning alert screen;
- Release the keys and use the Volume Up key to confirm the action;
- The device should be officially into the Download Mode;
- Navigation is now possible exclusively with the Volume keys and any action you want to perform will be first selected and then initiated with one press on the Power button;
- To leave this mode suffices to press and hold the same two buttons, Power and Volume Up, for approximately 10 seconds.
Other than that, as long as you know your way through the options, using the Download Mode on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus shouldn’t raise any challenges. If you notice, at some point, that your phone got stuck – and it can happen quite often when running in this mode – just use the last step from Method #2 to leave the Mode and return to it as soon as the phone went into the normal mode.