If you ever tried to move icons from one place to another, you already know how the things work with the Home screen panels of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. You’re looking at an entire grid of rows and columns, all perfectly defined, all of equal sizes.
Wherever a row meets a column you have a cell, where you can place an icon or widget. You can only display your icons within those cells and, easy to understand, the size of that cell determines the size of your icon.
We’re here because you wanted to know how to change the icon size of the apps listed on the home screen of a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. Now that we’ve covered the basics of how the current size is determined, one thing is obvious – you don’t have too many options. And cannot really adjust the size of the icons without adjusting the size of the cells, meaning the settings of the screen grid. And that’s what we are about to learn you:
- Access the Notification tray from the top of the Home screen;
- Go to Settings, Display & Wallpaper;
- Select the Icon Backgrounds option;
- On the next page, you will be presented with the two main options of Icon Backgrounds:
- Whatever option you tap, you’ll be able to preview the change that it will bring by looking at the dedicated preview box;
- When you have decided for one of the two, select the Done button and leave these menus.
Back to the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Home screen, you should notice the same difference that you saw in the preview box. One thing you couldn’t have possibly known at that stage is that the new setting will also apply to the App drawer. The Home screen and the App drawer share these icon background settings and you can’t adjust one without automatically modifying, in the same way, the other.
We know, it’s not much, but it is everything that your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus has to offer…