Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus are nothing but fully-customizable smartphones, just like all the other devices manufactured by Samsung. From all the editable things you have at hand, today we would like to discuss the fonts selection. As you probably already know by now, fonts are not just about beauty, elegance, and design. They are rather about sending the right “message”, letting the words reflect more than their actual meaning.
Just like you use different fonts with the texts you write on a computer, you can also use different fonts on your smartphone. Forget setting up a personalized ringtone, lock screen wallpaper, or vibration patterns. Use a different font and you’ll get the feeling that you’re using a different phone!
If you don’t believe us, try it for yourself and see it with your own eyes. And should aesthetic not be on top of your priorities’ list, try it even to make the menus more readable and the information much easier to access and follow!
As you are about to find out, there are two different options that you have at hand when you consider adjusting the fonts on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Use one of the predefined fonts already available on the smartphone’s settings;
- Download new fonts from the Google Play Store.
To try the predefined fonts of the device…
All you have to do is to access the Settings. In there, right under the Display menu, you have the Fonts settings. Go through the five predefined options, look at their previews and make up your mind. Here are the detailed steps on how to do all that:
- Go to the Home screen;
- Access the Notification Shade with one swipe downward;
- Tap the Settings icon from the upper right corner;
- Navigate to the Display menu;
- Select the Font setting;
- You will be redirected to a window with all the available fonts and a size slider that you can adjust with any font that you preview;
- Play with the available fonts and the size slider to get a better sense of how each of them will look on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus;
- If you like one of them, tap the Done button to activate it.
To install new fonts…
As mentioned, new fonts are available within the Font submenu. To install fonts that you currently don’t have on your device, you will access the Play Store and download a couple of free or paid fonts, whatever will catch your eye. Here is how to do that:
- Repeat the steps from above and navigate to the Font setting;
- Tap Download Fonts and it will automatically redirect you to the Samsung App store;
- Select Free;
- Use the Download icon sitting next to the Samsung Sans;
- Select Fonts;
- It will take you to the Fonts settings page;
- Select the Samsung Sans to try out the new fonts.
Your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is ready to take in any of the fonts that you just added. Go ahead and try them out!