Sounds are a big part of Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus experience. Whether it’s a ringtone or an incoming message notification, you’ll hear these audio cues quite often. And you’re not just looking to make it more pleasurable, but you’re also probably anxious to make it more recognizable.
How would you like to hear a custom ringtone on Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus whenever your mom calls? How about a different ringtone for when your sweetheart is looking for you? You go ahead and remember all the contacts you’d like to personalize, while we show you how to do it.
Want To Hear A Different Ringtone When Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus Gets A Text Message From A Particular Person?
If that’s the case, you don’t really have to tweak the settings of the Messages app, but rather to personalize the settings of that special contact. In other words, learning how to change the text message ringtone on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus will have to begin with the Phone app:
- Go to the Home Screen of your smartphone and tap the Phone icon;
- In there, swipe to the Contacts tab, where you can see all the entries in your agenda;
- Select the one contact whose ringtone you are eager to customize;
- From the editing window for that particular contact, tap the pen-shaped icon;
- Next, tap the Ringtone button and you’ll get this popup window with available ringtones;
- You can select the ringtones to hear how they sound and decide if that’s what you’d like to use;
- If you’re not happy with any of the default options, use the Add button from the bottom of the list to browse through the entire device and set up a different song as a ringtone for that contact;
- Don’t forget to save the changes before leaving the settings of this contact;
- And don’t leave the Contacts tab until you’ve finished customizing the ringtones of all the contacts you’re interested in!
Taking care of these accurate steps, you’re changing the ringtones of specific contacts, one by one. It’s probably obvious, yet we’re going to underline it anyway: the contacts that you don’t get to edit will remain with the same general, default ringtone.
But if you managed to take care of the contacts you communicate with most often, soon enough you’ll start enjoying the results. Learn how to change Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus text message ringtone and call ringtone – when the right person will call, you’ll know it without even looking at the screen!