Anyone familiar with the screen of a Galaxy S9 will remember the properly arranged grid split into row and columns which it displays. Where each row intersects with a column forms a cell into which you can place an app icon or a widget if you desire as you arrange the home screen to your preference. You can also change app icon size on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
The setting of this screen grid is the primary focus if you decide to increase or reduce the size of the app icons on home screen of Galaxy S9.
How To Change Galaxy S9 App Icon Size In Home Screen?
- Go to the Home screen;
- Starting from the top of the screen, swipe to drag down the Notifications tray;
- The gear icon represents the Settings app; click on it;
- Scroll to Display And Wallpaper and tap this option;
- Select Icon Backgrounds;
- This takes you to a new page which indicates two options and a box underneath the options;
- The box below the options is a preview box. It displays how the current grid settings appear on the Galaxy S9 screen;
- If you click on any of the two available options, you can see a preview in the preview box;
- You can also compare both options by clicking on the second option to see the differences;
- You can then make a choice after comparing both settings and select the preferred choice;
- After making your choice, click on done to save the changes;
- Close the menu page and return to the home screen.
After changing the settings and returning to the home screen, you notice that the settings have changed in the same way as the app drawer. This is because they both use the same settings. You now have app icons which will be the same size as the cells created by changing the settings.
The options available to users on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus screen grid is limited, but this guide gives you the full knowledge of the options from which you can make a choice.