Whether you want to prevent the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus from accidentally unlocking when in the pocket or bag or you just care about your privacy, setting up a password is a great feature. Of course, this password, PIN code, unlock pattern, or whatever else you choose to use, will involve dealing with the lock screen every time when you plan to use the device. As you probably suspect, the lock screen and the home screen are two different things. But did it ever occur to you that the lock screen of a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus can be personalized just as easy as the home screen?
You’ve guessed, today’s article is precisely on this topic of how to make the lock screen more personal by adding a custom wallpaper. In fact, from general wallpapers, already available as predefined options on the smartphone, to custom pictures, you have a wide range of options at hand. And we are going to learn you how to take full advantage of it.
We have prepared two different methods to show you and here they are:
Method #1 – change your lock screen wallpaper on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus:
- It all starts from the Home screen of the device;
- Head to the main panel of the Home screen and pick an empty area;
- Tap and hold on it until the screen zooms out;
- Now that you have entered the customize mode, you should be looking at a couple of options listed at the bottom of the screen – rearrange icons, set wallpaper, change the Home button redirect address;
- Since you’re planning to customize your wallpaper, you’ll go for the second option;
- This selection will redirect you to a window where all the predefined background wallpapers can be selected;
- Switch from one option to another and use the preview to get a better sense of what you’re about to select;
- If necessary, use the View Gallery option, from where you can browse for your own photographs stored on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus – whether it’s a web download, a picture that was taken with your camera, a custom wallpaper from an app like Zedge, a picture sent to you by someone else, you can select pretty much anything;
- When you have made up your mind for an image, use the Set Wallpaper button to set it.
Now you can leave the menus and lock the screen to see what image you get the first time when you unlock it.
Method #2 – change your lock screen wallpaper on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus:
- You begin from the same Home screen, where you long press on an empty spot;
- You select the Wallpapers option again but, once in there, you tap the Home screen label – it should be somewhere at the top-left area;
- From the menu that lists the Home, Lock or Both of them, select the Lock Screen entry;
- You will be given some prompts that you need to follow and determine if you want to pick a pre-installed image or browse the device for a previously stored image;
- When you have found the right image, hit the Set Wallpaper button and that was all.
Now, the alternative to the entire above is a third-party app. We already suggested that you can set up a new lock screen wallpaper for your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus with Zedge. We still consider it one of the best alternatives and we advise you to try it out and see what it has to offer. Otherwise, there are, of course, plenty of other third-party apps waiting for you to download them from the Google Play Store. Go ahead and have some fun, now you know your options and you can choose accordingly.