Love personalizing everything there is on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus? In case you didn’t have the chance to do it so far, from today’s article you’ll learn how to tweak the ringtone of your messages. You know the default message ringtone on your smartphone. You can choose to change that one, but that’s just too easy. Alternatively, you can manually change the ringtones of the contacts you communicate most often with.
You obviously don’t need to pick different tones for the hundreds of contacts in your agenda, but there must be some special persons in there who deserve this kind of customization. Imagine that if you do so, every time when you will receive a text message from them, through the stock messaging app, you will be able to tell who wrote before you unlock the phone.
And when you think that some people believe that disabling the Messages Preview is the best way to maintain some privacy with your messages… A custom ringtone is the clearest clue to tell you who messaged you without having to see it on the screen and without others from the nearby knowing what you know…
To change the ringtone of your text messages on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus:
- Launch the Dialer app;
- Access the Contacts tab;
- Browse until you find the one you need to edit;
- Tap on it;
- Tap on the pen-shaped icon to access the Edit window of that contact;
- Hit the Ringtone button available in there;
- You’ll see a new window opening and list all the ringtones currently available on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus;
- Browse through your options and select the one that you would like to use with that particular contact;
- If you can’t find anything representative for that contact, use the Add button to browse through your entire smartphone and pick a song stored by you.
All these instructions are necessary for personalizing one contact from the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus agenda. Make sure you follow the same steps with anyone else you want to edit. For the remaining contacts, the default ringtone will continue to work as usually.