Most often than not, we end up messing with the wrong settings on the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus. As a result, our phones start to develop some complications and panic creeps in. Well, from today, you have no reason to panic. You will be happy to know that you can quite easily revert the changes you made to your settings.
As soft reset lets you fix wonky settings and its does not lead to any loss of data. It only gets rid of the custom settings on your smartphone.
Resetting changes to the settings on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
We use settings to control the functioning of our smartphone devices. You can revert the custom settings back to the default settings with the exception of the security settings using the steps below;
- Start by swiping from the top to bring down the Notification Shade.
- Click on the Settings icon, which has a gear shape.
- Scroll the settings screen by swiping up
- Click on Backup and Reset
- Choose the Reset Settings options
- Click on Reset from the bottom-right corner of the pop-up window.
Resetting the Network Settings on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
We use the Network settings on our smartphone to control the connection between Galaxy S8 to the cellular data as well as Wi-Fi. You might accidently tamper with these settings and you may need to reset these settings. Follow the settings below to reset these settings;
- As before, swipe your screen from the top to display the Notification Shade
- Click on the Settings icon
- Swipe on the screen so as to scroll down the settings screen
- Click on the Backup and Reset
- Click to reset the network settings
- On the screen that pops up next, click on the Reset Settings. This will confirm your choice
You have now successfully reset the network settings and a popup message to inform you of the network settings reset will appear.