As great as the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus may be, if you ignore updating it, you’ll soon enough stop enjoying this experience. But not having your apps running at full capacity is one thing and overlooking important updates that will take care of your data security is another thing. We’re just saying that you should never ever ignore the importance of keeping your smartphone up to date!
If you hate the idea of letting it decide what and when to install, we get it – you want more control and you can have it. If you’re not happy with having to take all these update-related decisions, we get that too – you don’t have to do it. So, here’s what we’re going to do.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to check for updates on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus on your own, how to let your smartphone check for it automatically, and even how to decide when you want an update to run, whether you have searched for it or your phone found it!
Want to take care of te Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus updates personally? Check it manually:
- Use the App Drawer or the Notification Panel to get to Settings;
- Tap on the About Device menu from the bottom of the settings list;
- Find the entry that says Download Updates Manually;
- Tap on it and wait for the device to scan for new available updates;
- If it finds anything, simply follow the instructions as they show up on the display.
Want to eliminate the risk of forgetting to run Galaxy S9 updates? Set it to auto-update:
If you’re concerned that you’ll activate the manual updates and forget about it, you probably know yourself good enough for this possibility to be real. So, don’t ignore it, don’t let the manual check option in place, and set the device to handle this process for you by default. If you do that, you can be sure that the Galaxy S9 will remain protected and up to date without you personally having to do anything else from now on.
To set up the automatic updates on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus:
- Go to Settings;
- Select the About Device menu;
- Select the Download Updates Automatically feature;
- Change its toggle from Off to On;
- Leave the settings if you’re done or take some extra time to schedule when you want the device to run whatever updates will automatically find and download.
Still want a bit more control of Galaxy S9 auto-updates? Schedule them:
- Go to the App Drawer and access the Settings app listed in there;
- Select the About Device section and extend its submenus;
- Find the Scheduled Software Updates option – check next to the Download Updates Automatically option if you can’t spot it easily;
- Use the time settings available in there to set your desired update time;
- Use the Done button to memorize these edits and leave the menu.
Knowing your options of how to check and to schedule the available software updates on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus will give you more control! Whether you want to keep a close eye on the entire process, or you’re better not worrying about it, the smartphone is offering you all kinds of options. Go on and pick the one that you like most!