We all want our Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone to move fast. Especially when we surf the web, speed is of the essence. Smartphone manufacturers and software developers know it well and that’s why they are constantly taking all kinds of measures to improve the working speed. The same goes for the Internet browser, designed to store all kinds of files during your navigation, with the sole purpose of ensuring a higher speed the next time when you will visit a previously accessed website.
The idea is useful, but only up to a point, when the device has already gathered too many data that is taking you valuable storage space. The good news is that they are all temporary internet files (otherwise known as cache) that you can delete at any given time, without worries. With the extra space you gain on this occasion, the performances of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus will significantly improve…
If it sounds like something you need to try, here are three different methods of obtaining the same result, which is, to clear the temporary internet files.
From the Settings menu…
- Go to the App Drawer, to the general Menu, or just swipe down the Notifications panel and tap on the Settings icon;
- Select the Apps menu and you’ll see a list with all your currently installed apps;
- Swipe to the ALL tab;
- Identify your internet browser on the list;
- Select it and then, tap on Storage;
- Hit the button labeled as Clear Cache to remove all the data stored by your browser with the purpose of increasing your browsing speed;
- If you’re using more than one browser, repeat all these steps for every single one of them and just ignore the insignificant amount of data that might remain undeleted by the end of the process.
From the Internet browser’s menu…
- Launch the browser;
- Tap on the Menu icon from the upper right corner;
- If you cannot see the Settings option, tap on More;
- Select Settings (or History, depending on what browser you’re using);
- If necessary, tap on Privacy (not all the Internet browsers will ask you to do this);
- From there, use any of the Clear Cache or Clear Browsing Data options;
- When asked to select the type of information you want to remove, always make sure that you check the Cache option!
From a third-party cleaning app…
We recommend you start with the CCleaner app that you can easily download from the App Store – this is actually the Android version of a very popular and effective Windows optimization program.
Once you have downloaded the app, suffices to launch it and hit the Analyze button. The CCleaner will start scanning your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus and identify all the unused files that you can delete right away.
As long as all the Cache boxes (Google Maps Cache, Browser History, Cache, Thumbnail Cache and everything else you have in there) were checked, you can be sure that the app identifies anything you can remove.
When you receive the list of suggestions, just tap on the Clean button to clear all the temporary internet files of the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.