When you get yourself a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, you kind of get the chance of giving up to all the other devices. You surf the web on your smartphone instead of doing it on your PC and you watch videos and even TV series on your smartphone instead of doing it on the TV. But that’s only until you learn that you can actually connect the two devices and use the first one through the screen of the second one. Complicated? Not at all.
The process is called screen mirroring and it is not very complex. It might put you in the situation of buying certain accessories, but we’ll get there in a minute. Until then, we want to add that you can do it in two different ways: through your local Wi-Fi network or through a physical wire. Since nobody is excited about the hard-wired connections these days, we will start with the other option. We’ll keep this one, however, for the end, as a backup suggestion.
The wireless connection: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to TV
Note – If you have a Samsung SmartTV, ignore everything related to the AllShare Hub from the instructions below.
You will need: your Galaxy Note 8, a TV, a standard HDMI cable, and a Samsung AllShare Hub device.
You will have to:
- Connect your TV to the AllShare Hub with that HDMI cable;
- Connect the smartphone and the Hub or the TV to the Wi-Fi;
- Access the Settings menu of your phone;
- Select and activate the Screen Mirroring option listed in there.
The wired connection: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to TV
You will need: your Galaxy Note 8 smartphone, a TV, an MHL adapter (that matches the smartphone), and a standard HDMI cable.
You will have to:
- Connect the phone to the MHL adapter;
- Plug the latter into a power source;
- Connect the MHL adapter to the TV’s HDMI port through the HDMI cable;
- Switch your TV to HDMI video display and you’ll start seeing your phone’s content on your TV’s screen.
Let us know what option you have chosen and how did it work for you!