From our series of articles on how to work with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Note 9 agenda, today we’d like to show you a very popular feature – creating custom ringtones. It’s something that more and more users are interested in doing and, if you think of it, there are plenty of reasons why you should do it too. If nothing else, you will at least have some fun while listening to the song Today I Don’t Feel Like Doing Anything when your boss calls – or whatever else you’d like to hear, of course, because that’s the whole purpose of setting up your custom ringtones!
A short intro to creating your own, custom ringtones on Note 9 and Note 8
If you have decided to take the next step and select something different from the pre-installed ringtones, you shouldn’t be nervous about it. The process is very simple and the only disadvantage that we can see is that you will have to operate these changes manually, with each contact that you want to have a different ringtone for.
And still, you can adjust the notification tone on both calls and messages, you can use whatever song you like as long as it’s stored on the phone, so, let us show you what to do so you can get started right away for creating custom ringtones on Samsung Note 9 and Note 8!
- First, turn on the phone;
- Launch the Phone app and make sure you’re in the Recent Calls window, not in the Dialer window;
- Browse through all the contacts that have recently called or texted you and pick one that you want to edit;
- Once you have selected the entry, you should see an icon that looks like a pen – tap on it;
- Then, you’ll see the Ringtone button that you can use;
- A new window will extend and that’s where you can see all the pre-installed ringtones;
- If you don’t want to select anything from there, use the Add button to go to your Music library and pick something else from there;
- Select and add the song when you’ve made up your mind;
- Leave the settings, return to the Recent Calls window, and repeat the steps for a different contact.
All these being said, you don’t need our help anymore on how to create custom ringtones for Samsung Note 9 and Note 8 contacts.