Both Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus come with a predefined structure of the Quick Settings menu. Whether you are accessing the Notification Drawer or the Pulldown bar, your predefined options and settings are waiting in there.
If you thought there’s a point why those options are placed in that position and order, you may be right. Samsung thought that it could be the most useful configuration. But if it isn’t for you, customizing the various settings and options, from activating the Bluetooth or the Wi-Fi to anything else you find relevant, is not just possible, but also recommended to try.
In today’s article, we’re going to talk precisely about how to customize your quick settings or toggles, as they are often called. Since it is the Quick Settings menu we’re talking about, you will obviously have to access it in order to adjust the settings.
To reach this menu on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, you need to go to the Home screen and swipe from the top of the display. Then, follow the steps presented below.
To customize the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus toggles…
- Access the Quick Settings menu;
- You can pull down the Notification Shade and tap on the square icon from the top-right;
- Or you can simply swipe downward, using two fingers, to get to the Quick Settings menu;
- Identify the Pencil icon from the top of the screen and tap on it;
- Head to the Notification Panel edit settings – the navigation path may vary from one wireless carrier to another;
- Once in there, adjust the brightness level from the dedicated slider;
- Take some time to set all the settings you want to have under the Quick Settings menu;
- Suffices to identify a specific option and press and hold its toggle;
- Drag and release the toggle anywhere you want to move it.
Leave the menus when you’ve finished configuring the toggles of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. From now on, when you swipe with one or two fingers from the Notification Drawer, you will see the Active Buttons configured with your chosen toggles!
If you’re having any kind of issues or you’d like to address us a question about this particular menu, message us or drop a comment below and we will be learning you how to tweak a Galaxy S8 or even a Galaxy S8 Plus in no time!