If you own Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus phone, then you know how the Bixby feature can ease your life. It is an app that operates in the same way as “OK Google” from Google and “Siri” from Apple’s- as long as you punch the home button. But you may want to know how to disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Even though some find it to ease their life, others find that feature irritating and want to disable it whenever necessary. Some may have Google’s virtual assistant, which is much more similar to Bixby and don’t see the benefit of having both on their phones. Well! If you are one of those, who need to disable Bixby on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus see below.
How To Turn OFF Bixby on Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
Samsung allows you to disable Bixby on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus from the home button- so that in case you are using the home button, you will not see it launch. You can easily disable Bixby through the following steps;
- Just turn on your Samsung phone as you normally do.
- Head to the home screen and press a bit like for a few seconds
- On the Bixby screen, you will see the Bixby key toggle. Slide it to the left and then tap it to turn it off.
- Navigate back to the home screen, and that’s it!
How To Disable Bixby On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Completely
If otherwise, you need to disable the Bixby button completely, then you can follow the following steps;
- Take your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus and turn it as usual.
- This time, head over to settings.
- See where applications are and tap it.
- Choose where you see all applications.
- Scroll through to find Bixby application, and tap on it.
- Find the disable options, tap on it to disable the feature. You will see a message saying errors may occur when disabling built-in apps pop up, just ignore it and continue to disable Bixby.
There are cases where other apps may fail to work once you turn off Bixby. If you experience such a problem, just follow the instructions above and turn the Bixby app on.