You loved the opportunity of using your fingerprint and the built-in fingerprint sensor of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to unlock the phone effortlessly. You might have also discovered the opportunity of using it for many other authentication processes while working on your phone. But if you have decided that you need to make a change, we are here to show you the way to a smooth transition. You will be able to reactivate this option at any other time in the future. For now, let’s focus on what you really want.
If you’re sure that you want to disable the fingerprint on Galaxy Note 8:
- Unlock the phone using the currently active fingerprint scanner;
- Once you’ve made it to the Home screen, access the Settings from the Notification Shade or the Apps folder;
- Go to Lock Screen and Security, the same place from where you have activated the fingerprint sensor in the first place;
- Select the Screen Lock Type entry;
- Select to turn off this feature;
- Confirm the deactivation by using, for one last time, the current fingerprint;
- Select a new unlock method that you want to use – anything between Swipe / Pattern / Pin / Password / None – and leave the settings.
That’s all it takes to disable the fingerprint on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 – you go to its dedicated settings, you disable the option and confirm with a final scan. Just don’t forget to pick an option that will replace this one!