The name of the Lock Screen Notifications function says it all. The feature pushes notifications for everything that happens on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, right on the Lock Screen. For many users, this brings numerous advantages, as it lets them glance the updates without actually having to introduce the unlock pattern, SIM or password.
If you get notifications often but none of them are important, or if you are waiting for an important notification and you tend to check your smartphone excessively, these Lock Screen notifications could come in handy.
If, on the contrary, you want to keep these updates as private as possible or you often receive sensitive information, you will probably need to disable this feature. That way you will have to type in the unlock code and go through the Lock Screen before you actually have access to the notifications.
In this article, we are going to show you how do to both: activate and deactivate the Lock Screen notifications on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus, as it takes getting to the same place for any of them.
Message preview activation/deactivation on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
In order to handle the preview options of the messages you receive, you need to access the Preview Message section on your smartphone’s settings.
With the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus turned on:
- Swipe the Menu from the top of the Home Screen;
- Select the Settings icon;
- Browse until you find the Applications section and tap on it;
- In the newly opened window, look for Messages and tap on it;
- Under the Messages options, tap on Notifications;
- Look for the option labeled as Preview Message and tap on it;
- Once in there, you should be able to adjust the Lock Screen and the Status Bar messages preview;
- Uncheck their associated boxes if you don’t want to see message previews in there and exit the settings.
Now that you solved the privacy problem with your messages being displayed on the Lock Screen, you can return here anytime and turn the notifications back on if you want. Like we said, you turn it on or off from the very same menu.