The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphones have got a feature known as the Pedometer capable of using a part of S-Health. This application is built to specially calculate your steps and help you attain your daily steps target.
The Pedometer uses a special feature known as the motion sensor that is built within the smartphone. The sensor calculates the steps and the great news is that it does not require much energy consumption to do that. However, if the pedometer app makes you sick, the following guide will explain how to disable the S-Health feature of the pedometer on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Disabling the pedometer on Lock screen of Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Power ON your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Tap on the Menu option
- Hit on settings
- Browse on the Lock screen
- Press on ‘additional information’
- Then uncheck the ‘’Pedometer’’ box
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus S-Health pedometer will no longer be displayed on the Lock Screen.
Disabling the Pedometer on Galaxy S8 completely
- Switch ON your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- Browse to the S Health Fitness Application
- Hit on the 3-bar icon to disclose the navigation bar
- Hit on ‘Pedometer’
- Under the distance travelled, press on the ‘’Pause’’ key
The Galaxy S8 Pedometer will no longer count your steps.