What are the odds that you keep getting SMS text messages whenever you’re on the phone, talking with someone, from Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and Note 8? To some people, it happens more often than you’d think. And it can be quite annoying, which is why we are frequently asked if there’s any way to block these notifications only as long as there’s an active call in progress. And guess what, there is a simple way to disable these sounds. Read on to discover it.
Here’s what to do to disable SMS sounds during calls on Samsung Note 9 and Note 8:
- Go to the Home screen of the device;
- Swipe down from the top of the screen, to launch the Menu;
- Tap the gear icon to access the Settings;
- From there, go to Sound & Notifications and select the Other Sounds entry;
- Tap on Call;
- Go to Call Alerts >> Call Signals;
- Look for the option labeled as “Notification during calls”;
- Tap on it to uncheck its box and disable this feature.
After doing the entire above, you’re free to leave the menus. Rest assured, as long as the Notification During Calls option is disabled, you will no longer be interrupted by the SMS text sound alerts when you’re having a call in progress on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or Note 9.
Make no mistake, this doesn’t mean that you will no longer receive SMS texts on your smartphone when you’re on the phone! You will, but you won’t get to hear the sound alert that usually accompanies an incoming message.