The Multi Window is a feature that your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is using in order to display two apps, on the same screen, simultaneously. Known as the Split Screen and Multi Window mode, it comes with the great benefit of letting you look at and use those apps at the same time, without having to tap the Recently Used Apps menu to switch from one to another.
In today’s article, we will share with you three simple but essential aspects of making the best of this feature on your Galaxy S8 device. It’s all a matter of setting things up and, after that, knowing how to use it properly. Prepare yourself to learn how to enable this mode, but also how to check whenever it is active or not and how to tweak the size of the two windows.
To enable the Multi Window mode with Galaxy S8/S8 Plus…
- Navigate to the general settings of your phone;
- Open the Device editing section;
- In there, you should find the Multi Window option;
- Tap on it and you will see a special toggle in the right corner;
- Tap on that toggle to activate the Multi Window feature.
And now you can leave the menus because the “hardest” part was completed. One thing you might want to check, however, is if you prefer to set this mode active by default or not. If you do, look for the option labeled as “Open in Multi Window mode” and tick its dedicated checkbox.
To make sure that the Multi Window mode is active…
This part is really simple. All you have to do, after following the steps above-listed, is to look on the display of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, to see if you can spot a gray semi-circle. That half circle symbol is the clue that you can begin enjoying this mode right away.
To start using the Multi Window mode on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus…
- Tap on the previously-identified semi-circle icon;
- This will bring the Multi Window to the top of the screen;
- Drag one app from the menu to one of the two windows where you want to open it;
- Drag the other app in the other window;
- Press and hold the circle sitting in the middle of the screen, then drag it upward or downward on the screen, to adjust the size of the two windows.
When all these are set, you can simply enjoy the Multi Window feature on Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus.