Ever wondered if your message got through? Users of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus can activate a report system that does just that. This function is also known as “message receipt”.
When active, your network will send you a notification informing you of the status of your SMS. It lets you know if the message is delivered, it is not intended to show you whether or not it has been read.
Here we tell you how to turn this capability on for your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Follow these steps to activate SMS reporting.
How To Enable Delivery Report For Text Messages On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Start at the home screen.
- Open the Menu and then enter the Android settings.
- Search for “Applications” and then touch it to enter.
- Then go to “Messages”.
- Then find Advanced Settings.
- Tap SMS.
- Right away you should be able to see “delivery reports”.
- Here you can turn the setting on and have your phone ask you if you would like a report for following text messages.
A “Delivery report” will be sent to you when your message has been successfully received. You can always follow the steps above to turn the service back off again.