We take our smartphones everywhere we go. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S8, you should know that it can also be a great helper in times of need. All you have to do in order to benefit from these special features is to activate the Emergency mode.
With this mode turned on, your Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone will limit any app and service, reducing its battery consumption to a minimum level and only allowing you to make emergency calls. Lost and far away from home, locked somewhere without electricity, there are too many unfortunate situations when this service could make a difference. Wouldn’t you like to know more about it?
The general steps to enabling Emergency Mode on Samsung Galaxy S8:
- Tap and hold down the Power button;
- Select the Emergency mode;
- In the newly opened window with Terms and Conditions, tick the checkbox to give your consent;
- Hit the Agree button;
- Hit the Enable option.
You can tell that you have successfully enabled this mode by the changes that should occur on your Samsung Galaxy S8 right after that. The phone will flip to a simple, grayscale display and you should have up to six available apps on its Home screen. All the features and services will be limited to a minimum and the only calls you will be able to initiate will be the emergency calls.
Whenever you want to turn off this mode, suffices to:
- Hit the MORE button available at the top-right corner of the screen;
- From the extended list of options, select to Disable the Emergency mode.
The next best thing you could do after the SOS mode is the SOS Messages mode activation.
If, however, you’re looking to minimize all these features and functions designed to alert you and let you send alerts from the device, you might want to check the Emergency Alerts feature. Many Samsung Galaxy S8 users would like to know how to get rid of it and that’s precisely what we will explain you below. Just keep in mind that the instructions are a bit different for:
- Go to Settings;
- Access Privacy and Emergency;
- Select Emergency alerts;
- Hit the Settings icon from the top right corner;
- Select Alert types;
- You will see a list of alerts, each one with its own toggle that needs to be switched off in order to deactivate it.
T-Mobile or AT&T devices:
- Same here, start from the Settings section;
- Navigate to Applications;
- Select Messages;
- Select Emergency alert settings;
- Again, you will see a list of various alerts that you can individually turn off from their dedicated toggles.
Go ahead and explore all these options of your Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone! Better to be informed and never have to use it than the other way around!