What’s your preference – perfectly lined up icons that look the same and have the same size or a jigsaw puzzle of icons in different sizes and shapes? Different Samsung Galaxy S8 users have different preferences. That’s why Samsung is letting you choose and making things easier for you with a special option labeled as icons with backgrounds.
With its help, all the icons will be placed at the top of the background and get the same size, giving your display a much cleaner look. If you want to try it and see how it goes, the instructions are very simple.
To enable the Icons with Backgrounds on your Samsung Galaxy S8…
- Start from your Home screen;
- Swipe downward from the top of the screen, to extend the Notification shade;
- Select the gear icon and access the Settings;
- Navigate to the section labeled as Display and Wallpaper;
- Tap on it and you should see the Icon Backgrounds option listed in there;
- This page has two options on it and a preview of the current settings is available right underneath those two options;
- Switch from one option to another and carefully look at the preview window, to get a better sense of how your smartphone will look after this;
- Decide which one you want to keep and hit the Done button to confirm;
- Leave the menus and return to the Home screen.
With this new change in place, all the icons from your screen will have a new background, except for Samsung’s apps, which will keep the same shape and size as the new background.
How do you like your Samsung Galaxy S8 with the icons with backgrounds?