If you recently purchased the new Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone, it would be good to know the location of the text notifications on your smartphone. The text notifications allow users to customize texts for specific contacts more so if you have set an alarm to remind of a given task you need to accomplish. The guide below shows how to identify the default ringtones set on your Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus Galaxy smartphone.
Getting different texts on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone
Creating and adding customized texts for your contacts is a simple process that you can carry out on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. There is an option for you to customize texts and set customized texts for each contact in your contact list. You can also opt to customize ringtones for the messages as well.
The following steps will show you how to set custom texts:
- Turn on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- Go to your phone’s contacts and browse for the contact you would like to edit.
- Click on the icon that is shaped like a pen so as to edit the contact.
- Click on the Ringtone option.
- All the ringtones in your phone will appear in a pop-up window.
- Browse through to select the ringtone of your desire and set it as the ringtone.
- Choose to add a ringtone if the one you made does not appear among the ringtones in the pop-up window.
These instructions will change the individual contact’s ringtone on Samsung Galaxy S8 as well as the Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone. For that specific contact, the ringtone will be the one you chose, on the other hand, all the contacts for which you did not customize a ringtone, the default sound will be used as their ringtone.
Customizing ringtones is the best way to personalize your smartphone and as such it becomes easier to identify callers by ringtone on your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus smartphone.