You may have recently ran into problems of have Auto Correct not work properly on your new phone and specifically when you are using the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. If this is the case, then you are not alone since many others are having your Samsung keyboard not use the auto replace work right.
You may be experiencing that the autocorrect feature just randomly stops working out of nowhere or that it puts in incorrect punctuation mark, or that words that are correct are being changed to things that make no sense.
I have never experienced these issues on Samsung devices that I have had before but I have lots of experience with aspects of it before. The autocorrect may be changing something, which is not wrong, and this is the sign that there is a problem with the Auto Correct feature.
It may become a bit frustrating when you are having these problems because it comes from your Samsung keyboard. You can use some of the methods below in order to solve some of your problems.
Solving the Issue of Galaxy S8 Auto Correct
You should turn this feature on the Samsung Galaxy S8 off initially to solve this problem:
- Make sure the Galaxy S8 is then turned on.
- Navigate to the keyboard screen.
- Click and hold the option for Dictation Key that is to the left of the Space Bar.
- Click on the option for the Settings.
- Then disable the Predictive Text by clicking on it.
- You can also choose to disable the features for various keyboards like Predictive text that allows words to be suggested to you, Auto punctuate that puts in apostrophes or periods in for you automatically, Auto replace that fixes a words once you hit the space bar, Auto check that underlines words that made be wrong, and Auto spacing that puts spaces between words automatically.
- If you are still having problems once you have made the changes, do not worry, As said before, the Samsung keyboard has the problems with it. If this continues try to consider other keyboards from third party apps on the Google Play Store that will most likely fit your preferences better.