The nature of this problem on the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus is exhibited by the device popping a message “No service”, and also the user cannot make calls on the phone neither can it send texts nor receive any texts. On the other hand, it is only able to receive emergency calls only in this state.
Another significant of this problem is that the signal bar is always plain with n indication of the availability of the networks. To give a solution to the “no service” problem on the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus continue reading.
How To Fix “No Service” On Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Switch off the phone and switch it on again after some few seconds.
- Find the settings on the home screen and tap on it
- On the settings select “Backup and Reset”
- On the above scroll down to see “Reset network settings”
- Then you look for the “Mobile Networks”
- Scroll and then touch on the “Network mode” and then select the second option on the list which is “WCDMA”/ GSM and tap on the “Auto Connect” button, you opt for the network operators and select “Search Networks”
If the device is unable to connect to any networks in the process of connecting to the search, there could be something wrong with the SIM card in the phone. This is an indicator that your carrier and it imperative to make a replacement do not properly activate the SIM card.