You’ve been searching the web for a solution on how to fix not getting texts on a Samsung Note 9 and Note 8. Before we offer you that solution, we have to ask – is this problem of yours exclusively related to getting texts? Or you have rather noticed that, sometimes, sending texts can be just as complicated?
Obviously, we ask because we’ve got similar complaints from many other readers. Some have reported problems with getting the text messages delivered from iPhone devices. Others have reported problems with sending text messages, from their Note 8 or Note 9, to any other device that is not an iPhone. Blackberry, Android, Windows devices seem to be a part of the same category that doesn’t get the messages.
Most likely, the SIM you are now using on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or Note 9 was previously used on an iPhone device. And when you have transferred the SIM to the Android phone, you haven’t deactivated the iMessage. With this service still active, the SIM will try to deliver via iMessage, which is impossible from the Galaxy Note 8 and Note 9. Hence the problems with receiving from an iPhone or delivering to a non-iPhone!
To fix not getting messages on Samsung Note 9 and Note 8, you have to deactivate the iMessage on your SIM. And you can do it either by reinserting the SIM into that iPhone and, through an internet connection, deactivating it from the iPhone’s settings; or by using the web page of the Deregister iMessage service.
- Take out the SIM card from the Samsung Note 8 or Note 9;
- Insert the SIM into the old iPhone;
- Connect the iPhone to a 3G or LTE data network;
- Go to Settings;
- Select Messages;
- Tap on iMessage and turn it off.
- Go online to the previously mentioned Deregister iMessage page;
- Scroll down, until you reach the bottom of the page;
- Find the option “No longer have your iPhone?”;
- Select this option and type your phone number into the field from below;
- Select your region;
- Select Send Code;
- Wait to get the code on your phone;
- Type that code into the Enter Confirmation Code field;
- Hit the Submit button.
However you choose to approach the issue, you will easily fix the problem of not getting messages on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and Note 8.