Many users have reported a number of Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus GPS problems since it’s release. Whilst the S8+ Plus is filled with great features, having a faulty GPS can sometimes be a dealbreaker. If you’re having problems with your GPS, follow this guide to learn about how to fix it.
If you’re finding yourself with GPS problems on your Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus, the troubleshooting guide below may be of use to you.
The biggest issue a lot of Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus owners are noticing is that the GPS is giving inaccurate location results.
For example, the GPS loses track of your location, or the step counter for fitness apps is often not tracking accurately.
Fix Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus GPS Problems:
- Sometimes the issue may not be an actual fault with your Galaxy S8+ Plus. You may just need to set your GPS to high accuracy mode. To do this, tap the settings app, then tap location. In the location menu, you can set your GPS to high accuracy mode. If you try this method and your GPS is still having problems, try the following solutions below.
- There is an app available on the Google Play Store named GPS Status and Toolbox which can be used for increased GPS accuracy. Visit this link to download the app. This app has dozens of tools to help increase GPS accuracy and improve your overall experience with location-based apps. You can also mark GPS locations that you can come back to later.
- If other applications are using your GPS, you may need to clear the cache of those apps to reset your GPS data. To do this, open the settings app, then open application manager. Find any apps that use GPS and tap on them. You’ll need to tap the ‘Clear cache’ button for each GPS app individually.
- Still having GPS problems? The next step may be to perform a factory reset. By performing this, your device will be set back to factory default settings. Please note: This will wipe all of your files and data, so make sure to backup everything first. To perform a hard reset, go to settings > Backup & reset > Reset device > Erase everything. This should fix any potential software issues with the GPS.
- After following these steps, your Galaxy S8+ Plus should hopefully have a working GPS. If not, there may be a hardware fault.
You can use the GPS status app to test whether the GPS in your smartphone can connect with GPS satellites. If it cannot connect, your GPS chip may have malfunctioned. In this case, you may need to send the Galaxy S8+ Plus to Samsung or a licensed technician to get it repaired.