Are having problems with Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus? Different Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus users have their own perspective regarding the audio problems. What does no audio mean to you and what kind of solution are you looking for? We’re asking because some would report that the volume isn’t working correctly, others that they can’t hear people when they are making calls or, on the contrary, that they can’t be heard properly.
As you can imagine, with so many different malfunctioning patterns and so many people reporting different issues, the solutions vary. But in the world of troubleshooting smartphone devices, more solutions on how to fix Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus no audio can only be a good thing! Speaking of which, let us share with you the most common and effective fixes we have in mind. You might be surprised how simple some of them are and how easily it will spare you from having to contact the retailer and get your phone replaced…
How To Fix The Audio Not Working On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus…
- To take out the SIM card and put it back in after a few minutes;
- To clean up the microphone area, where debris, dirt, and dust can easily clog – this one will work best with some compressed air;
- To disable the Bluetooth for a while and try to see if you spot any difference;
- To wipe the cache memory, especially if you follow our precise instructions from this guide on how to wipe the cache on Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus;
- To boot into recovery mode, again, with our custom guide and step-by-step instructions on how to enter the Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus into Recovery Mode.
Five solutions and just as many options to get rid of the audio problems on your Samsung smartphone. Try them out and maybe you’re lucky enough not to have to take the warranty out of the drawer! Let us know if these helped you learn how to fix the audio not working on Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.