If you’re a Samsung user and have noticed recurrent slow Wi-Fi issue on Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, you’re not the only one. Some users have complained overtime that while using social media applications like Facebook or Instagram or even Twitter, many icons and pictures don’t load as fast as they used to and there’s a major performance lag overtime.
Other users facing similar issues have reported that using Google Now on their smartphone becomes tricky overtime as their Galaxy S9 doesn’t go beyond ‘recognizing’ option because of the slow Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. At times, cellular networks can be weak leading to a poor internet connectivity.
If the signals are strong and your smartphone still shows slow performance, it can be quite annoying. In this article, we will help you to fix the speed issue of Internet on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus smartphone.
Resolving Slow Wi-Fi Issues On Samsung Galaxy S9 Or Galaxy S9 Plus
- Start by giving your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus a Factory Reset;
- Now, click on the Forget your Wi-Fi connection option and reconnect using the Wi-Fi password;
- At this point, you also need to reboot or reset your Wi-Fi adapter and modem;
- You need to switch to a static connection from the DHCP connection;
- Now try to switch DNS servers to Google’s address listed on your smartphone;
- Manipulate the settings on your router’s bandwidth;
- Now change the broadcast channel on your router;
- After this, you need to also change the security on the modem/router settings, if there’s any other security listed, disable it;
- If none of the above steps, work for you, time to call your ISP and inquire about the issues that might be affecting speed and bandwidth of your device.
Following the above listed steps, often help the users to fix their slow Wi-Fi issues on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. If the problem continues, maybe you can try cleaning the Cache Partition on your smartphone. Wipe cache partition option does not delete your data permanently, so it’s a safe method for you to try and fix your slow internet problem. To perform a wipe cache partition, click on this link.
Simple Steps To Fix Slow Wi-Fi On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
- Take your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus and turn it off.
- Tap on the Power button, Volume Up button and the Home button simultaneously. Your smartphone will vibrate and it will initiate the Recovery mode.
- Now among the options listed, tap on the wipe cache partition with the use of Volume Up button and begin the procedure using the Power button.
- Finally, in a few minutes time, you’ll see a notification on your display screen that the wipe cache partition process is complete. At this point, you need to reboot your system and see the results. By now, your slow Wi-Fi issue should be resolved.