In a top of the most frustrating Samsung Note 8 problems, the black screen is most often mentioned. And how could it not be, when you discover that you turn on the device but nothing happens? All the buttons light up – we are talking about the soft keys that usually light up at that point – but you can’t see anything…
The black screen problem implies that the screen doesn’t wake up, at random times. It’s been reported by numerous other users, which isn’t necessarily a consolation, but it still gives you the assurance that the problem is well known. Consequently, there must be a couple of different solutions that you could also try.
To try and fix the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 black screen problem, we suggest that you:
- Wipe the cache partition (from the recovery mode)
- Factory reset the smartphone
- Take it to an authorized center for a thorough checkup
If you want to wipe the cache on Galaxy Note 8…
- Press and hold the Home, Volume Up, and Power keys;
- Release the Power key when the phone vibrates;
- Release the other keys when the Recovery Screen loads;
- Use the Volume Down key and navigate to the Wipe Cache Partition option;
- Use the Power key to get it started and have the device reboot when it’s over.
If you want to factory reset the Galaxy Note 8…
The process is a bit more complicated and it requires doing a full backup of the device. Once you start with the process, you can expect to erase anything and the backup will be your only option to get it back. This guide here will show it all to you: how to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. The files and the information will be restored after that and you should be able to test if the black screen problem is gone right after that.
Eventually, try an authorized service
If you have performed the factory reset and the screen still doesn’t turn on, take it back to the store. Or to any other shop where you can have it physically checked. A technician, if proving it defective, might decide on replacing the unit. If that’s the case, this is the sure way to get rid of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 black screen problem.