One of the two touch keys on your Galaxy J7, J8, J9, J6, J5, J4, J3, J2, J1 stopped working? If it no longer lights up when you unlock the device, as a telltale that everything is perfectly functional, you might be entitled to think so.
The first thing you should assume, however, under such circumstances, is that the light in the room is too strong for you to be able to notice that the touch key light is actually working. So, go on and try it in a darker environment.
If you can’t see it in there either, you might suspect that the touch key light has been disabled. The instances when these soft keys are actually broken are very rare. More likely, the Energy Saving mode was turned on and, in an attempt of saving as much battery as possible, this light has also been turned off.
Fix the touch key light on Galaxy J7, J8, J9, J6, J5, J4, J3, J2, J1:
- Launch the Menu page, from the Home screen;
- Access the general Settings;
- Go to Quick Settings;
- Tap the Power Saving option;
- Select the Power Saving Mode;
- Access the Restrict Performance option;
- Find the box of the option labeled as Turn Off Touch Key Light;
- Uncheck that box and leave the menus.
Now tap on the soft keys of your Samsung Galaxy J7, J8, J9, J6, J5, J4, J3, J2, J1 one more time, this time they will light up perfectly.