For those who own the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, you may probably want to know how you can fix the Wi-Fi issues on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus. Some users have reported claims of a slow Wi-Fi or a weak Wi-Fi connection.
Similarly there have been reports of the Galaxy S8 switching to mobile data automatically and also issues to do with the ability of the smartphone to forget a Wi-Fi connection on the Samsung Galaxy S8 as well as the Galaxy S8+ Plus. In the guide provided below, we are going to provide you with the solutions on how you can fix the Wi-Fi problems on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Galaxy S8 randomly switches from Wi-Fi to mobile data.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi may switch from Wi-Fi to mobile data based on the WLAN to mobile data connection option which is activated in the settings for Android of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. This setting is known as the “Smart network switch” and it is designed for the Samsung Galaxy S8 so as to automatically switch between Wi-Fi and mobile networks.
These mobile networks may include LTE connection, to build up a stable network connection at every moment. It is good to note that the Smart Network switch can be adjusted in order to fix Wi-Fi problems on the Galaxy S8 smartphone.
Solve Slow WiFi on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
Apps such as Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, WhatsApp and Instagram can result to slow Wi-Fi connections. As a result of a slow Wi-Fi connections you may notice that pictures and icons appear gray thus they won’t come out as expected or they may fail to come up altogether. However, you can quite frustrated when you have a strong Wi-Fi connection but a very slow Wi-Fi connection. This guide provides quick procedures of dealing with the slow Wi-Fi connections.
How to forget a saved Wi-Fi network:
To remove a saved Wi-Fi connection on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, simply go to the Settings menu and from here locate the Wi-Fi settings in the Wi-Fi section. Browse through to identify the network that you would like to remove and delete from your Galaxy S8 smartphone. Long press the Wi-Fi connection and then click on “Forget.” You could also try to see if the modify option is appropriate for you because it can be quite handy when you want to change your password.
- Switch on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- On the screen, swipe down to open up the notification panel and click on the gear symbol to access the Settings.
- Browse through the settings to get to the Network connections section and then click on Wi-Fi.
- If your Wi-Fi is turned off switch it back on.
- Choose the preferred the Wi-Fi network that you would like to forget and then click on Forget.
Once you complete the last step, the selected Wi-Fi profile will be forgotten.
How to fix slow Wi-Fi on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy
- Long press the power button, volume up button and the home key simultaneously.
- After a short while, your Galaxy S8 should vibrate just once to indicate that you have just entered the recovery mode.
- Locate the entry called “wipe cache partition” and launch it.
The process should complete after a few seconds during which you can restart your smartphone through Reboot System now process.
Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off in Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
It is common that your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus still connected to a weak Wi-Fi network. As such, you should check to make sure that the Wi-Fi is disabled. To find the Wi-Fi settings on your Samsung Galaxy S8, follow the steps provide below.
- Power on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- Click on the Menu.
- Open the Settings.
- Click on the Connections.
- Choose Wi-Fi.
- Touch the ON/OFF slider to turn Wi-Fi OFF.
Disable the smart network switch on Samsung Galaxy S8 and fix the Wi-Fi problem:
- Power on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone
- Switch on mobile data connection of your Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Once mobile data connection is enabled on your smartphone, go to Menu > Settings > Wireless.
- The option “Smart network switch” will appear at the beginning of the page.
- You should uncheck this option so as to obtain an unstable wireless connection on your Samsung Galaxy S8 with the router upright.
With these steps carried out as required, you will not have any Wi-Fi related problems on your Galaxy S8.
Get Technical Support
If you have tried every possible way to fix the slow Internet connections on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone, I would highly recommend that you take your phone a technician to have a look at it. A replacement unit may have to be provided for you if the problem is repairable.