If you’re happy with the default ringtone of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, chances are you don’t really know the alternative. All those people with much cooler ringtones, where do you think they get it from? That’s right, each smartphone comes with a bunch of options, predefined, and one of them selected by default. This means that you can always check out the list and switch the default ringtone to a new one.
In today’s tutorial, we’re going to show you how to do that and, as a bonus, how to set up your favorite songs, as in mp3 files, to be the default ringtones for your contacts. If you like the sound of it, keep reading:
To change the default ringtone from the predefined list of the Galaxy S8 ringtones…
- Access the Notification panel from the top of the screen;
- Tap the Settings icon to access the extended menu of options;
- Go to Sounds & Vibration;
- Select the Ringtone menu;
- Browse through the available ringtones listed in the next window;
- Leave the menus when you have decided for a particular ringtone.
To change the default ringtone into a custom mp3 song…
- Return to the same Ringtone menu, under Sounds & Vibrations, on the general Settings;
- Scroll down to the end of the list with predefined ringtones;
- Find the Plus Sign that sits next to Add Ringtone;
- Pick an app you want to use for managing the music you are about to select;
- Browse through the available songs saved on your smartphone;
- Select your favorite song and use the Done button to set it as the default ringtone.
That’s how you change the current ringtone of the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Take the time to go through all the predefined options, you might be very pleased with what you find. And every time when you select a new ringtone, you’ll get an audio preview of it. Still not happy with what you have? You know what you need to do.