Samsung Galaxy S8, just like many other smartphones, has a special battery icon that adjusts its color depending on the battery level. Many users find this indicator more than enough for their daily needs and have no interest in using the extra feature of displaying a separate battery percentage icon. That’s one of the reasons why previous Galaxy devices and Operating Systems older than the Marshmallow didn’t even include this particular functionality.
With its latest flagships, however, Samsung introduced the feature and Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus users are now taking advantage of it. If you did it too but you’ve come to a point when you feel that the status bar simply carries too much information, you must be curious how you can actually get rid of it.
Say you’ve had enough of it and don’t really care anymore if you only have 35% or 15% battery? Would you rather see that space occupied by the alarm icon or by the Bluetooth icon? Would you simply prefer to have some free space up there, just so it will be a bit easier for you to spot the information you need when you take a glance at the status bar?
To get rid of the battery percentage icon on Galaxy S8 on Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Go to the Home screen of the device;
- Access the Notification shade, by swiping downward from the top of the screen;
- Go to the top-right corner of the Notification bar and identify the small gear icon;
- Tap on that icon and access the general Settings of your Samsung Galaxy S8 device;
- Now scroll down through the available section until you reach the Battery menu;
- Tap on it and you will gain access to some general battery settings;
- Look for the category labeled as Remaining Battery Power;
- Find the Percentage on Status Bar listed under that specific category;
- Tap on the toggle next to it and switch it from On to Off;
- Look at the status bar of the device, it should no longer display the battery percentage, which means you can leave the menus rights away.
From now on, there is only one context when you might see your Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone automatically displaying this battery percentage – when you activate the Ultra Power Saving Mode.