Whilst it’s possible to install apps straight from Google Play, sometimes some apps will only be available for download via a direct .apk file. By default, you cannot install .apk files outside of the Google Play Store. In this guide we’ll provide you with tips on allowing the installation of manual APKs.
There are many cases when you may need to install an .apk file from another source besides Google Play. No matter what the reason is, you’ll be able to follow the same steps below to allow the installation of .apk files on your Samsung Galaxy S8. Follow the steps below.
How To Install APK On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Open the app menu on your Samsung Galaxy S8. Next, open the settings app.
- Tap to open “Device security.”
- In the device security menu, tap to toggle the “Unknown sources” option to the ON position. You’ll be asked to confirm this option by tapping “OK.”
- Next, open the “My Files” app from the app menu. Once in the My Files app, tap the “Download” folder. You can now tap to install the .apk file you downloaded earlier.
- Before you install the .apk, make sure you downloaded it from a trusted source!
- Once you tap the .apk file, the installation process will begin. Simply follow the steps on the screen to finish the installation.
You will now have installed a third party .apk on your Samsung Galaxy S8 successfully. It’s always best to disable the “unknown sources” feature once you’ve finished for security reasons.