If it bugs you how fast the screen of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 locks automatically, when you’re not touching its screen, we can help with that. You are probably thinking about the screen timeout settings… And you’re close, but it’s not what we have in mind. Those settings are easily accessible under the Display options, where you can pick anything from a few seconds to 10 minutes.
But how would you like to keep the screen on longer, with the help of the Stay Awake feature? If you haven’t heard of it, it’s simply because this isn’t available within the general settings, but only under the Developer Options. Plug in the charger and follow our next indications:
To adjust the time that your Note 8’s display stays awake…
- Unlock the smartphone and go to the Home screen;
- From there, access the Settings and head to Device Information;
- Identify the Build Number option and tap on it, very fast, several times consequently;
- After the seventh tap, you should see a popup that says “Developer options unlocked“;
- Use the back button to return to the general Settings menu;
- In there, tap on the Developer Options that you have just activated;
- Browse for the option labeled as Stay Awake;
- Tap on it to check its box and leave the settings.
As you can see, this is no compromise option. You wanted to keep the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 display On for much longer. And we have shown you how to keep it on, without any efforts, until you decide to manually lock it.