Once in a while as you are still owning your Galaxy S8 or the Galaxy S8+ Plus you may have to make use of the torchlight especially when in dark conditions. Even though the torchlight on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus is not a replacement for LED Maglight, the Samsung smartphone does a pretty good job when it comes to giving you light when you are in darkness.
Samsung smartphone features a widget which can be used to turn on or off the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus torchlight. What is a widget? This is a small shortcut that is usually added to the home screen of your Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus smartphone. It will appear as an app icon but its job is to turn on and off the flashlight.
The guide below teaches you how to make use of the torch on your Galaxy S8 as well as on the Galaxy S8+ Plus using the built in widget which makes it easier to use this flashlight feature on your smartphone.
Using the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus as a torch
- Power on your Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus device
- Using your finger, press down on your home screen until you see the Wallpapers, Widgets and Home Screen Settings appear.
- Choose on Widgets
- Browse through all the available widgets and find the Torch
- Click and hold on the Torch then move it to any open position on your home screen
- Whenever you would like to make use of the flashlight, just click on the icon for Torch
- If you would like to switch off the flashlight, tap on torch icon. Alternatively, go to the notification settings from where you can turn off the flashlight.
The instructions above should help answer the question for those who asked “How do I use flashlight on Samsung Galaxy S8?” If you want to use launcher to use flashlight on the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, it should be similar, except some of the widgets might be in different locations.